Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing offers a fresh approach to health training.
Health and wellbeing have become a strategic consideration for businesses. Increasingly organisations need to focus on both what they do and how they do it. According to the IOSH report The Healthy Profit, sickness absence due to mental ill health alone costs the UK economy more than £8bn per year. An organisation that is healthy and well is more likely to be productive, innovative and competitive.
Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing offers a fresh approach to health training. You’ll find a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, and a sharp business focus.
But you’ll also find that the content engages and inspires your staff – critical to getting the message embedded across the whole organisation.
Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing is for managers and supervisors working in any sector, and for any organisation. It’s designed to provide them with the tools and techniques to improve health and wellbeing across their organisation.
They won’t suddenly become health and wellbeing experts – but it will help them to become line managers who truly care about the health and wellbeing of an organisation’s most important asset – its people.
– A healthy company and why it makes good business sense to manage workplace health and wellbeing
– Health risk management
– Fitness for work and the importance of managing the fluctuations in people’s health status
– How the promotion of a wellbeing programme can influence and add value to an organisation
Why it works
– Understand why it’s important to manage fluctuations in people’s health
– Learn what to consider in a health needs assessment
– Discover how to recognise a ‘well’ employee
– Learn how to help co-workers return to work after an illness
– Gain tools and techniques to improve health and wellbeing across your organisation
Based on the learning outcomes, delegates are assessed in two ways:
1 Knowledge and comprehension
A 30 minute closed book examination which consist of 20 questions in a variety of formats.
2 Practical application of learning
A workplace health risk assessment using the standard IOSH form. This is to be completed within two
weeks of the end of the course.
An IOSH Certificate will be awarded to successful candidates.
Five Business Benefits
- Practical advice and tools for managers to help create a healthy and productive place of work
- Improved health and wellbeing awareness across the organisation
- Fewer hours lost due to ill-health and reduced presenteeism, resulting in greater productivity
- Internationally recognised certification for managers and supervisors
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain, with customers and other stakeholders
The classroom based course lasts 1 day (including the assessment).
Open Course Fees
TO BE CONFIRMED
The price includes the course text book, additional notes, IOSH fees, refreshments and lunches.
In-House Course Fees
This course can be delivered both by online/remote learning (using Zoom) or face-to-face. Please contact us for a quote.
The IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing E-Learning course includes learning materials to the whole IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course, which includes:
- Module 1: A healthy company and the importance of managing workplace health and wellbeing
- Module 2: Health risk management
- Module 3: Fitness for work and the need to manage changes in the health status of employees
- Module 4: The business value of promoting a wellbeing programme
The two end of course assessments are also completed online. Each course booking initially comes with a 6 month licence for the learning and support materials, allowing you plenty of time to learn the material at a pace to suit you.
It takes approximately 6 hours learning time to complete the course, which may vary depending on the amount of existing knowledge that a learner has.
The course materials for the e-learning package cost £156.00 + VAT = £187.20 (which includes the IOSH fees).
There are bulk purchase discounts are available should you wish to purchase five or more e-learning licences.
Live online/remote learning Course
This course can be delivered by live online/remote learning (using Zoom). Please contact us for a quote.