A one day NEBOSH health and safety qualification for senior business leaders
- Benefits for Employers
- Unit HSL1
- Course programme
- Course Price
- Training Needs Assessment
- NEBOSH Resources
- NEBOSH Certificate Verification
NEBOSH and the UK’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), have jointly developed this one day health and safety qualification for senior business leaders or those aspiring to this role.
The interactive, thought provoking content highlights the moral, legal and financial reasons for good health and safety leadership and offers guidance on the key areas to focus on to make a difference.
The qualification shows leaders how they can become better advocates and influencers in relation to health and safety.
The topics covered on the course are
– The business benefits of health and safety leadership (including the moral, legal and financial arguments)
– The effects of good health and safety leadership of safety culture
– Human failures
– The HSE’s ‘Make it happen’ model
– Decision making processes including mental short cuts and perception biases
– Leadership styles
– The HSE’s five leadership values
– Building relationships with the workforce
Benefits for Employers
Employers will gain a number of benefits from giving their business leaders the opportunity to take this qualification including:
Leadership that reflects HSE’s model of effective health and safety leadership
Health and safety will be factored into business decisions in the future
Leaders who recognise how their own behaviours impact on health and safety culture
Unit HSL1: Health and safety leadership
Element 1 – The foundations of health and safety leadership
Element 2 – Human failure and decision making
Element 3 – Leadership
The course is assessed by an on-the-day assessment which includes a leadership intervention that the delegate is planning to undertake. This is handed in at the end of the delivery day. The assessment can be either handwritten or typed.
The assessment is in the form of reflective statements which will be undertaken throughout the course. The reflective statements are designed to show how the delegate’s knowledge, skills and behaviours may have both positive and negative effects on the health and safety performance of their organisation.
The qualification is delivered over one day of tuition. Before the course delegates have to undertake some pre-course study (which should take about 3 hours).
It can be delivered both by online/remote learning (using Zoom) or face-to-face.
– research their organisation’s health and safety vision;
– research their organisation’s key health and safety risks;
– understand what is included in their organisation’s health and safety policy and the objectives that the policy sets. They should also understand what responsibilities for health and safety which are set for all levels of workers within the organisation.
This course is only available in-house.
Dates to be arranged with client. Please contact us for a quotation.
The NEBOSH resources for this qualification, including the course syllabus and NEBOSH Learner Terms and Conditions, can all be downloaded from the NEBOSH website here:
NEBOSH Certificate Verification Service
NEBOSH receives regular requests from employers, recruitment agencies, Higher Education institutions, and other similar bodies to verify that an individual actually holds a NEBOSH qualification.
You can now verify NEBOSH certificates using their free self-service verifications platform: NEBOSH Verifications.
If a certificate was issued before 1991, or if the online platform cannot verify the certificate with the information you have provided, you may still need to contact NEBOSH directly in line with their Verifications Policy here: https://www.nebosh.org.uk/policies-and-procedures/verifications/