This qualification is a perfect introduction to health and safety.
- Course Programme
- Course Price
- Training Needs Assessment
- NEBOSH Resources
- NEBOSH Certificate Verification
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award provides a best practice introduction to workplace health, safety, and risk that is relevant to all industry sectors.
The content is delivered in an understandable and accessible way and will help you to:
- gain an awareness of common workplace hazards so you can help to implement or maintain your organisation’s health and safety management system
- gain practical skills that can help keep yourself and others safe
- apply the principles of risk assessment
- have a positive impact on health and safety in your workplace.
Who is it for?
Anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job will benefit from taking this qualification including:
- Team leaders and supervisors,
- HR professionals,
- Facilities managers.
It provides a valuable overview, which can act as a sound basis for further study.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award can help you to:
- Reduce incident and injury rates, and the associated lost time and absence
- Foster greater health and safety awareness amongst employees
- Improve employee engagement and enhance safety culture
- Secure higher levels of compliance with organisational safety measures
- Protect the business from the reputational damage caused by health and safety failures.
Unit HSA1: Health and Safety at Work
Element 1: Why and how you manage health and safety
Element 2: Dealing with common workplace hazards
Element 3: Stopping incidents and ill-health before they happen
Element 4: Learning from incidents
Carry out a workplace health and safety review which:
• considers how health and safety is currently managed, and how it can be managed better
• identifies health and safety issues present, how they are controlled, and if the risk can be reduced
• selects the most important issue for improvement using moral, legal and financial reasons.
The course will be delivered over 3 days.
To achieve the qualification, learners must complete and pass the Unit HSA1 assessment. This assessment is a workplace health and safety review which should be carried out in the learner’s own workplace. For more information, please refer to the Unit HSA1: Guidance and information for learners and Learning Partners document which can be downloaded from the NEBOSH website.
Delegates need to be proficient in written English to successfully complete the assessments.
Open Course Locations and Prices
Only available in-house.
In- House Course Prices
This course is available as an in-house course. Quotation available on request.
The NEBOSH resources for this qualification, including the course syllabus and NEBOSH Learner Terms and Conditions, can all be downloaded from the NEBOSH website here:
NEBOSH Certificate Verification Service
NEBOSH receives regular requests from employers, recruitment agencies, Higher Education institutions, and other similar bodies to verify that an individual actually holds a NEBOSH qualification.
You can now verify NEBOSH certificates using their free self-service verifications platform: NEBOSH Verifications.
If a certificate was issued before 1991, or if the online platform cannot verify the certificate with the information you have provided, you may still need to contact NEBOSH directly in line with their Verifications Policy here: https://www.nebosh.org.uk/policies-and-procedures/verifications/