Every manager needs an understanding of their safety and health responsibilities.
- Who is it for?
- The Business Case
- Course Prices
- Online / E-Learning Course
- Training Certificate Validation
Worldwide, 60,000 workers die on construction sites every year. The annual financial cost for businesses of accidents, illness and deaths is over £2 trillion. The good news is that up to 70 per cent of accidents can be prevented by good standards of management.
IOSH’s globally-delivered Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers course provides essential knowledge for anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction activities.
The course provides a step-by-step guide to understanding and managing the risks. Keeping your business healthy and safe with an effective training programme will enable you to reduce the cost of accidents and illness by up to 40 per cent.
This course has been approved by CITB and Build UK, which means our courses are aligned to the Build UK Training Standard and employers can access the CITB levy.
What the course covers
- Local law and enforcement
- Preparing for work
- General management of the site, workers and contractors including for example:
– the importance of method statements
– the use of permits to work.
- The importance of managing environmental aspects and impacts related to construction projects
- Principles underpinning effective construction design and management
- The key issues and control of working at height including for example:
– plans and risk assessments
– roofs and fragile surfaces
– working platforms and ladders
– management, use and stability of scaffolds
– fall arrest and suspension equipment.
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
Who the course is for
Anyone who oversees or manages safety, health and environmental risks associated with construction activities.
Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
The assessment for this course is a short multiple choice examination and a risk assesment project.
An IOSH Certificate will be awarded to successful candidates.
The Business Case
You’ll find that providing globally-recognised, IOSH certified training for your managers will give them the confidence to make the right choices for your business and to drive a safety culture that benefits everyone.
Your investment in Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Site Managers will deliver immediate and measurable benefits:
- reduced accident levels, absence and sick leave
- increased efficiency and productivity
- reduced insurance premiums and legal costs
- better business continuity
In addition you will be driving a sustainable cultural change that will provide a reputational advantage. You will be recognised as an ethical business that creates additional value for stakeholders and customers.
A good safety and health record will increase your success rate when tendering, boost your public and professional profile, increase competitiveness and drive investment.
The classroom based course is delievered over 4 or 5 days.
Open Course Fees
Course Fee: £ tbc [per delegate]
The price includes the IOSH course text book, IOSH examination and certification fees, refreshments and a light lunch.
In-House Course Fees
This course is available in-house. Please contact us for a quotation.
This course is not currently available by e-learning, but it can be delivered live remotely/online by zoom.
However, please be aware that IOSH have no agreement from CSCS as to whether virtually delivered SHECW courses will be accepted for the attainment of CSCS cards yet. IOSH are working on this issue with CSCS currently.
New instant online IOSH certificate checker
Do you often get asked to validate a training certificate? If so, IOSH have an instant online certificate checker for IOSH membership and training certificates.
If you have a new employee starting in your organisation or you’re commissioning work to an agency, you can now check the validity of their IOSH training certificates quickly and easily.
Simply enter their details in the training certificate checker membership certificate checker and IOSH will verify it.