For any person who has any responsibility for Health and Safety in an educational setting.
This course is a complete training programme for the management of health and safety in schools. Based upon years of experience and delivery, the course is recognised by many local authorities as the core competency for their school’s senior leaders.
The target audience includes Head Teachers, Deputy Head Teachers, Bursars, SLT members, School Business Managers, Heads of Department, Governors and Health and Safety coordinators. In schools where the governing body is the employer, this course will also be of benefit to governors with health and safety responsibilities.
The course is ideal as a part of your induction for new managers, part of ongoing professional development and also refresher training.
Why schools should invest in this course?
- Demonstrate nationally recognised and respected certificated training.
- Demonstrate compliance with many aspects of the OFSTED 2012 framework.
- Peace of mind offered by training that’s designed by school safety experts and quality assured by Europe’s leading health and safety organisation.
- Develop the skills of your school leaders.
- Course content and key messages ‘dovetail’ with other IOSH schools training.
The IOSH Health and Safety Management in Schools course covers:
- Reasons for good Health and Safety in Schools
- Outline of Health and Safety Law
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Regulatory Reform [Fire Safety] Order 2005
- Manual Handling Operations
- Lone Working
- Display Screen Equipment [DSE]
- Working at Height
- Managing Contractors
- Educational visits
- Reactive Monitoring
- Accident Investigation
There is two parts to the assessment for this course. The first is a question paper which covers the whole range of the course subjects and the second is a school based written project.
The course is assessed and moderated by IOSH. An IOSH Certificate will be awarded to successful delegates.
The classroom based course, either delivered face-to-face or Live Online (by Zoom) takes 2 days.
Open Course Fees
Live Online (via Zoom) – £275.00 + Vat = £330.00 [per delegate]
The price includes the course text book, IOSH examination and certification fees.
In-House Course Fees
This course is available in-house.
This course can be delivered in-house both by live online/remote learning (using Zoom) or face-to-face.
Please contact us for a quote.
New instant online IOSH certificate checker
Do you often get asked to validate a training certificate? If so, IOSH have an instant online certificate checker for IOSH membership and training certificates.
If you have a new employee starting in your organisation or you’re commissioning work to an agency, you can now check the validity of their IOSH training certificates quickly and easily.
Simply enter their details in the training certificate checker membership certificate checker and IOSH will verify it.