Understand how to manage fire safety at work
The best way to achieve safety and health training success is to get people fully involved, having fun and learning by doing. We want to get delegates really thinking about what they’re learning – and having the confidence and enthusiasm to put it into practice when they’re back at work – so that everyone notices the difference.
A sustainable, workplace, fire safety culture is based on a shared set of positive attitudes, knowledge, perceptions and beliefs about fire prevention and fire protection. An important step to achieving such a culture is to get the buy-in of managers, supervisors and team leaders.
Fire Safety for Managers is at the cutting edge of fire safety training for managers and supervisors. You’ll find a practical programme, full of step-by-step guidance, and a sharp business focus. But you’ll also find that the content engages and inspires your staff – critical to getting the message embedded across the whole organisation.
Who the course is for
Fire Safety for Managers is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation worldwide, who require an awareness of fire safety. They won’t suddenly become fire safety experts – but they’ll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take, and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the relevant fire safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, Fire Safety for Managers makes a powerful case for fire safety being an integral part of day-to-day management and business.
– Employers’ responsibilities
– Fire and fire safety measures
– Assessing fire risks
– Creating a fire safety culture
What to expect
- Memorable, thought-provoking facts and case studies from across the globe
- Modules backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios
- Summaries to reinforce key points
- Checklists and other materials that you can take back to the workplace to manage fire safety issues
- Practical exercise based on the operations of a real business
- Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Fire Safety for Managers certificate
Why it works
- Designed for managers and supervisors in any sector and in any organisation worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to tackle fire safety issues
- Flexible delivery options to suit your business – the course only takes one day to complete
- Efficient and effective learning – fire basics are covered in a single programme
Based on the learning outcomes, delegates are assessed in two ways:
1 Knowledge and comprehension
A 30 minute closed book examination which consist of 20 questions in a variety of formats.
2 Practical application of learning
A workplace fire risk assessment using the standard IOSH form. This is to be completed within two
weeks of the end of the course.
An IOSH Certificate will be awarded to successful candidates.
Five Business Benefits
Fire Safety for Managers will help your organisation:
- minimise fire risk in the workplace
- improve your fire safety culture
- activate staff involvement to improve the workplace
- achieve an internationally recognised and respected certification for managers and supervisors
- enhance its reputation within the supply chain.
The classroom based course lasts 1 day (including the assessment).
Open Course Fees
TO BE CONFIRMED
The price includes the course text book, additional notes, IOSH fees, refreshments and lunches.
In-House Course Fees
Please contact us for a quote.
This course is not available by e-learning